Finally found my blog thing again. Haven't been motivated to post on it, but think I have had an awakening. I can use this as a outlet for all the fire that burns within or without, or that just catches my fancy.
Today? Not fancy. Just a reaction to a study I've been doing.
I'm reading a book that is provoking a lot of personal studies, devotional times, and general reactions beyond the norm of my peers. Call me nuts, but I've taken to heart what a mentor/friend told me once, "The man God uses most is the man He finds prepared most."
Lesson learned, here is the outline. This could preach. Just 8 questions developed from eight little passages about what comes out of our mouths, erm, my mouth. But you can borrow them.
1. What testimony must I bear to bring others to rejoicing? 2 Cor. 7:5-7
2. What sin (personal and corporate) must I confess to be usable to Him who sits on the throne? Isa. 6:1-8
3. Growing up in Jesus, what must I speak to express His character? Eph. 4:15
4. What favor and silence must I bear to produce peace and friendship? Prov. 16:28
5. What offense must I bear to promote unity? Prov. 17:9
6. What fuel must I remove to cool tempers? Prov. 26:20
7. What mask must I remove to empty myself of sin? Prov. 26:24-25
8. What construct must I bring by honest speech and sincere communication? Prov. 26:28